Musings of herb gardening, interior decorating, vintage finds and just the beautiful things in life........

16 January 2011

Cheddar Chive Beer Bread Recipe

This is one of my favorite 'quick' recipes and is so yummy with all the soups and hearty foods this time of year.  I use fresh chives when in season and use chives I've frozen when I bake this bread all winter long.
Make sure you make a sandwich or two with this beer bread.
 I love this bread with chicken, tuna, or 
ham salad too.
Or just spread the warm bread with even more butter.....
.......is your mouth watering yet?
CHEDDAR CHIVE BEER BREAD
3 Cups self-rising flour
1/2 Cup sugar
2 T chopped fresh or frozen chives
3/4 Cup sheddred cheddar cheese
1 12 ounce beer
1/4 Cup butter, melted
Stir together first 5 ingredients; pour into lightly greased 9 X 5" loaf pan. 
 Bake @350 F for 45 minutes.  Pour melted butter over top.
  Bake 10 more minutes.
De-lish!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh my chickie ~ that looks mouth watering fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I made a loaf of this a few days ago & it's yummo. I'm making another loaf today to send to my beer loving Dad in the mail :)

    Here's how mine turned out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daneye/5871435572/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom use to make something very similar to this. I love how you melt butter on top.

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....