22 July 2009

I survived.......PARIS

We all survived Paris and our heads are spinning with wonderful memories! I must admit I'm proud that I planned it myself (except for the surprising side adventures.....) and we made it everywhere on our itinerary except Giverny. Very disappointing for me to not see Monet's gardens but it wasn't meant to be. The extremely confusing train system would not cooperate for us. Even a nice local French gentleman could not figure out why the 'billet' machines would not spit out the right tickets for us.

Oh well............now on to one of the highlights in Paris.......SACRE COEUR. If you ever go to Paris, this basilica is a must see.
The views down on Paris are amazing from the Monmartre hill it sits on.
The activities going on around Sacre Coeur were abundant.
From singing sideshows..................
to a Mime.......................

to a whole square full of artists and their awesome paintings.

Here are the two paintings I bought there...

.....a simple Eiffel Tower

{my silhouette was hand cut}and a gorgeous lavender field.

Stay tuned for more Paris/France postings to come.

Next will be about the lavender and sunflower fields in Provence.

3 comments:

  1. oh my, how amazing, looking forward to seeing more photos!
    Alicia ~ time worn style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Europe fascinating? I don't care where you go there are so many wonderful and beautiful things to see. I am so glad that you had such a great time. Love the paintings! I enjoyed seeing the picture you took of the Sacre Coeur. Hubby on one of his "junkin" days found a silk screen picture for me. Someone had thrown it out! It was numbered, signed, and said Sacre something, very hard to read. I finally get to see what it looks like up close!! I am looking forward to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you too would fall in love with the City of Light - it's truly fabulous isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....