23 November 2007




Here are some pix of my house.......living room specifically. This is "my" room and is my favorite room. I have such fond childhood memories of being together with family in this very room......laying on the floor watching home movies while grandpa controlled the film projector from his big chair.......family Christmas being celebrated and not being able to wait through dinner to unwrap presents.............sitting on the 'davenport' with Grandma and watching our favorite soap opera (Young and the Restless) together and on and on...................


My computer is in the armoire.......................

The wallpaper is the same paper that Grandma had put up years ago. I totally love it and who knows how many more years it will remain. I would like to get new curtains someday though. They have probably been up since the wallpaper and are showing some wear.



I especially love the fireplace. It sits in the corner, which is sometimes a challenge for furniture arranging. Anyone else have a corner fireplace?



All the shells in the hurricanes on the mantel and also glued to the mirror were miracle beach finds. We happened to be vacationing in a condo in Orange Beach, Alabama when hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. We had to evacuate and when we were finally able to return the beach was just covered in beautiful, perfect shells. I have given so many away and still have a grocery sack full!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Herbgirl-
    I just found your blog by looking at ones from Indiana, which is my home state. I enjoyed the pics of your home, because it reminds me of my Aunt and Uncle's home in Carthage, Indiana. It was an old place, built around 1900, and just filled with antiques from around the region. It even had a persimmon tree in the backyard. Now that's really Indiana! I think it's cool that you take such pride in living in a home that your grandparents lived in. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I found your blog, and enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....