06 November 2007

Our Special House

I totally love my big, old house. It was built in 1900 and the most special thing is that this house has been in the family now for 61 years! Chris and I have lived here since 1993. We bought the house from my Mother and my aunt as this is the house they grew up in. My lovely grandparents lived here and took such good care of it. After my beloved Grandmother passed away in 1993, I couldn't even think of anyone moving into this house other than me and my husband. At that time, they had owned the house for 48 years. My grandfather and father installed the beautiful hardwood floors. Isn't that neat? I need to take some picures and will share them in the future. I don't even have a picture of the front of the house so I am sharing the back of the house from the garden.


Here is my 'red toile' kitchen when it was decorated for Christmas. I will also share more inside pictures of our special home soon.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,
    the kitchen looks so quaint and cozy, I am enjoying reading your blog. Keep it up.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....