20 May 2008

Zionsville Country Market Vintage Buys

Here is what I came home with from the Country Market........................



...............Garden plant markers for Fennel and Catnip, a very heavy 'frog', and a vintage rhinestone BEE pin. Also I bought non-vintage earrings and some very comfy furry floral boots. My favorite find of the day is this oh-so-cute vintage pink Spring coat. LOOOOVVVVEEEE IT and it fits me perfectly (although I thought the sleeves were a wee bit short my friends said it was 'so me'!!)Isn't it adorable? I love the pink braided trim on the pockets and rounded collar and the buttons and the tag inside that says it was UNION MADE!!!!!!




Here is a close-up of the BEE pin. I adore the emerald cut stone that makes up the body. It will probably end up on my new favorite pink coat.




We walked to a yard sale and saw a pile of stuff at the end of the driveway so we started looking through it and the yard sale lady came over and said that that was the trash and anything in it was FREE. There is my favorite word again..........................so we started digging. Yes, you do see a headboard............too bad it would not fit in my trunk. My friend Liz grabbed an old broken-seat wooden chair that will look so cute with flowers in it on her porch. I found some old cookbooks and a vintage dictionary..............The one cookbook is a 'wartime edition'...........................



This picture on the inside cover made me think..."Did the wives of our soldiers really make this stuff while their hubbies were off at war?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....