28 March 2010

The Artist Within.........


In downtown Muncie, Indiana there is a place I LOOOVVVVEEEE to go. 
It's a studio where local artist's can show off their talent and also where non-artists (like moi) can paint pottery.
You can select from all kinds of ceramic pieces.................
(before)
This visit I selected a couple spoon rests.
(after)
And did a monogram to match the burner covers I did last year.
(beginning stage of creativity)
Then I decided to paint a plate with my awesome cats, Gunnar and Grayson.
I only WISH I was that creative and now you see I copied was inspired by a piece in one of their idea books.

After the paint dries, the pottery is glazed and baked in the kiln for three days.
And here is my Cat Plate. 
I must say that I am thrilled on how it turned out as I usually can't draw anything.
This was actually the third time I visited The Artist Within and painted pottery.
Another time I did this teapot and cup.
And when I get to the bottom of my cup of herbal tea..............
It's empty...........M Tea.......for Mandy's tea.........get it?

I'm already thinking about what I will paint next.