09 December 2007

ManWood

Remember you saw it here first, ladies!!! You all know what I'm talking about when I say 'manwood'. You know, that ugly wood that men rave about and all us women can think about is painting it! I have a house full of 'manwood'. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love the beautiful fireplace and staircase that is pretty wood but there is another breed of wood.....'MANWOOD'. Nothing pretty about it............Here are some examples....


This is a corner of hubby's den. The walls are 1970's 'manwood' paneling and the cabinet doors on left side of this photo are definitly 'manwood' doors. I envision the walls and doors being painted in this room and it is a much better, prettier, brighter version of the room. Hubby is so in love with this 'manwood' room though that I am sure the locks would be changed if I ever went through with painting it!!!!


This is a close-up of the 'manwood' wood grain door. Doesn't speak to me!?!........but I know there must be some secret testosterone code hidden in the grain and men can hear it loud and clear!!!

This is in my bathroom. I redecorated it a few years ago and painted the closet door white and applied the topiary stencil. The door on the right side of this picture is the entrance to the bathroom in it's 'manwood' glory. Let me just say that I painted the doors on Christmas Eve and that was the worst Christmas I ever had due to having to put with a hubby that lost part of his 'manwood' to pretty paint!!!!!!

Here is the trim above the painted 'manwood' door that I also painted that brave Christmas Eve.Here is an old dresser at the end of our hall that is OK for wood. (It would be pretty awesome painted white though).

Who loves 'manwood'? Only a man would!!!!!!!!!

Moving on now.............................Here are a bunch of old bottles that I have been gathering to do.............................................this to................................................................................They are not quite done though as I will be putting some seed from my garden in to them and selling them as BLOOM~N~Bottles!!! I am really too excited about doing these and think I may need to have them copyrighted or whatever and know they will make me rich enough to go to PARIS!!!!!!! I tea-stained computer paper, printed out planting and growing instructions and glued to the pages of the very old and very poor condition Shakepeares Macbeth book..........so one side is the book pages and the other side is instructions. I forgot to take a pic of them so I will do that so you can see how they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Your post is hilarious!! YES! why is it that men love their manwood so much?? They also love brick in all it's natural glory. I decided to paint my brick fireplace & mantel years ago & my husband almost passed out when he came home from work! He was horrified, while I was enjoying my shabby fireplace!LOL!!!You are SO nice to leave that wood in hubbys den. I would have risked my life to paint it white!LOL!! enjoying your blog~:) chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. slice me a piece!

    I love your Man Wood post! So true. But doesn't your husband know to hand over all the decorating to "the wife"......If momma aint happy, nobody happy.

    Our old kitchen had manwood for cabinets.......who in the heck covers up beautiful glass cabinets with paneling? Must have been a man. We even had Zee Brick. Horrible.
    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....