16 February 2008

Just Bee

Today was my Saturday to work....9:00-12:00....so not bad but would have been nice to sleep in. Stopped at a flea market afterwards and found this bee. It will go in the garden. I have other bees out there as I have started to collect them (kinda, sorta) since my last name starts with the letter 'B'. Plus bees are so important to pollination. Most the time it's just me and the bees in the garden and of course lots and lots of butterflies too.

I'm not sure what kind of glass this bee is made of but I can tell it is vintage. The glass balls are painted on the inside a silver and gold color. The wrought iron also matches the wrought iron on the porches of Calendula Court. Can't wait for Spring so I can find her a herb to perch under.

Speaking of Spring........................here are some of my flower pots waiting patiently in the garage for their annual seeds.

Can you see the pink SALE sign? Everyone knows the yard sale is at my house when the pink signs appear on the street corners.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, found you through Across the Pond and your blog name caught my attention. I love the bee you found, and the fact that you and I are ready to get our hands in the dirt again. I posted pictures of my past gardens too because I had spring fever so bad.
    Glad I found you
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhh...today is the SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for Kari's 40th birthday...hop on over for a little cake, diet coke, and birthday cheer!!!

    blessings,
    kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy!
    Adorable bee! Thanks for stopping by and taking the survey~xo

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment.....